Dogs

Just How Dangerous Is Chocolate to Dogs?


Chocolate is one of the most toxic things your pet can consume.

“Chocolate contains methylxanthines and caffeine, both are very toxic to pets,” says PEOPLE Pet Vet Dr. Evan Antin. “Dark chocolate is far more dangerous. All chocolates are dose dependent meaning more chocolate is more deadly. Small amounts may not be a concern but definitely consult your vet immediately either way.”

Unfortunately, chocolate isn’t the only harmful food your pet can accidentally consume. Onions, garlic, grapes, raisins and more fill out the list of Dr. Evan Antin’s most dangerous foods for pets.

If your pet does accidentally eat any of the foods listed in the video above, it’s important to see a veterinarian right away. If you want to take action before visiting the vet, there is a poison control number for pets.

Can’t get enough of cats, dogs and other furry friends? Click here to get the cutest pet news and photos delivered directly to your inbox. 

Pet owners can call 1-800-222-1222 for expert advice (for a fee) or visit www.poison.org for more info.



Source link

Articles You May Like

Pomeranian Dog Found Zipped Into Backpack, Dumped and Clinging to Life Near Boston
Cat Cameos! Taylor Swift Asks Meredith and Olivia for Comment on Their Surprise Deadpool 2 Appearance
Are Flea & Tick Collars The Fight Fleas and Ticks this Summer?
Vet School Reunion: Where Our Paths Have Taken Us
Are You Kitten Me? Shelter Cat Has Hilarious Reaction to Finding Out She Is Pregnant

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *